Quiet Down Your Kitchen
Use these tips to help make your kitchen a quieter place.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Modern-day appliances certainly make our time easier in the kitchen but they can also make a lot of noise. Here are some ideas that can help make your kitchen a quieter place.
- Lower your ceiling and leave a cavity in the middle that helps buffer the noise but still gives it a place to go.
- Dishwashers are notorious noisemakers. There's now a model on the market that's so quiet it has an infrared light shine on the floor to let you know it's working.
- The ventilation fans in range hoods that suck out smoke and smells can be located in an attic instead of above the stove.
- Since wood absorbs more sound, choose butcher block for your next kitchen counter instead of marble. Soapstone also absorbs sound so consider that instead of granite.
- There are even cabinet drawers that are slam-proof as the drawer gets closer to the cabinet it slows down and slides into place.
Designers share important considerations when developing a lighting plan for a kitchen.
For busy families, convenience and comfort are key in a kitchen. In smaller homes, kitchens often have to double as eat-in...(10 photos)
Feeling nostalgic for days gone by? Step back in time by giving your kitchen retro style. But don't worry, you don't have to...(9 photos)