Quiet Down Your Kitchen
Use these tips to help make your kitchen a quieter place.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Modern-day appliances certainly make our time easier in the kitchen but they can also make a lot of noise. Here are some ideas that can help make your kitchen a quieter place.
- Lower your ceiling and leave a cavity in the middle that helps buffer the noise but still gives it a place to go.
- Dishwashers are notorious noisemakers. There's now a model on the market that's so quiet it has an infrared light shine on the floor to let you know it's working.
- The ventilation fans in range hoods that suck out smoke and smells can be located in an attic instead of above the stove.
- Since wood absorbs more sound, choose butcher block for your next kitchen counter instead of marble. Soapstone also absorbs sound so consider that instead of granite.
- There are even cabinet drawers that are slam-proof as the drawer gets closer to the cabinet it slows down and slides into place.
Tile in all of its glory -- glass, stone, metallic, you name it -- is all the rage in stylish kitchens. Here's why.
Feeling nostalgic for days gone by? Step back in time by giving your kitchen retro style. But don't worry, you don't have to...(9 photos)
Luxury kitchens are the perfect choice for those who live to entertain. Grand spaces outfitted in the finest materials make...(10 photos)