Let Natural Light Shine in the Kitchen
Using outdoor light is a great way to bring some warmth into your kitchen.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Here are five ideas to bring in natural light into your kitchen:
- Skylights are a fantastic way to bring in natural light. Designer DeWitt Talmadge Beall says skylights are effective because as the sun moves through the space, the light moves through the house creating visual interest and movement throughout.
- An all-glass retractable wall will bring in a bevy of sunlight.
- Garden windows let the light shine in while creating room for growing often-used herbs.
- Glass French doors can bring light to a breakfast area.
- "Ghost" glass transmits sunlight and casts a shadow that changes throughout the day, adding depth and a touch of softness.
Home cooks are now demanding comfort grips and other ergonomic features in their kitchen tools.