Kitchen Goes from Dated to Dashing
An English cottage theme transforms an outdated kitchen.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
How-to: Punched-Metal Cabinet Inserts
1. Cut roofing flashing to the desired length and width.
2. Make a template of your design on a piece of cardboard.
3. Tape the template to the flashing and place on a piece of scrap wood.
4. Punch out the design with a nailset.
5. Place the rough side of the metal panels against the face of the cabinets for a smooth appearance; attach with small nails.
6. Hide the metal edges with trim (painted or glazed as desired).
1. Attach the top of a hutch to a dresser with screws. Paint as desired.
2. Bend silverware to create drawer pulls and attach to the drawer fronts with screws.
For a homeowner in his late 60s, a kitchen that was dark and underutilized just wouldn't do. Designer John Buscarello...