Invite Spring Into the Kitchen
Invite spring into your kitchen with these fun ideas and step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Get the entire family organized with a stylish message board.
Materials and Tools:
fabric (Colburn Woodrose #5047188, Sabada Geranium #7561350, Barberry Red thread #3978517) — Jo-Ann, ETC.
nails or hook-and-loop sticky-back tabs
1. Measure location for message board, and then divide the area by three to determine the number of panels to create across and down plus the size of each panel. The featured project has 12 boards, three across and four down.
2. To make the individual panels, measure the desired size of homasote and cut it out using a mat knife to score both sides. Once scored, the board will snap with a clean line.
3. Cut fabric squares about three inches larger on all sides than the boards. Staple it in place on the back sides, cutting the excess off the corners and folding it like a present. Note: Be sure the fabric pattern lines up on each front before securing it. Mark the direction of each so they're installed properly.
4. Cut the plywood to the initial dimensions. Apply the individual boards to the front using construction adhesive according to the manufacturer's instructions.
5. Mount using nails or hook-and-loop tape.
It's true almost anything goes when it comes to color in the kitchen. Here's what the experts say.