Invite Spring Into the Kitchen
Invite spring into your kitchen with these fun ideas and step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Give your rooms structure. Add height and color above a window with a simple shelf.
Materials and Tools:
1"x6"x8' pine board
3/4" shelf cap
nail gun (or hammer and finish nails)
tack cloth or rags
featured plates (Crate & Barrel)
1. Cut board to desired length. Cut shelf cap to the same length and attach it to the front of the board using wood glue and finish nails about every two inches.
2. Attach quarter round cut to the same length as the board to the top of it (two inches from the back) in the same manner.
3. Sand shelf and remove dust with tack cloth or damp rag. Fill nail holes and sand once dry.
4. Prime, and then paint to coordinate with the window trim once dry. Let dry.
5. Pre-drill a few holes and attach secure it to the top of the window trim using wood screws.
Bonus project! Like the window toppers above? Get the step-by-step instructions here.
A dark, wood-paneled kitchen is transformed into a rustic retreat.