Increase Your Counter Intelligence
Spice up your kitchen countertop with quartz, travertine or glass.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
How can you spice up your kitchen countertop? Use different materials such as limestone, marble, granite and quartz.
- Quartz is quickly becoming the mineral of choice for countertops. Cambria's Ian Thorburn says that it's stronger and more durable than granite and won't stain.
- Travertine is a versatile stone that's available matte or honed, which is a more polished finish, designer Kevin Cooper says.
- A translucent glass countertop goes well with a high-tech design, according to Aran's Steven Curtis.
- A stainless-steel countertop is ideal for a kid-friendly kitchen, designer Marjorie Skouras says.
- Synthetic Geocrete, which is available in different colors and with different inlays, was invented by designer Fu-Tung Cheng.
Keep down the costs of high-end countertops by doing some of the preliminary work.