How to Paint a Kitchen Island
Bring customized style to your kitchen by painting the island a color that complements the room.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
- painters' tape
- masking paper
- 1 tube caulk
- caulk gun
- wood filler
- 2 gallons semigloss oil-based paint (tinted to a color of your choice)
- 2 gallons oil-based primer
- 1 quart conditioning additive for oil-based paint
- 4 extra-fine sanding pads
- high quality oil paint brush
- putty knife
- 4 tack cloths
Gather supplies and remove all hardware from cabinets. Tip: Place hardware in a plastic bag and label cabinet doors and drawers with numbered strips of painters' tape to make reassembly easier.
Clean and Sand
Wipe cabinetry clean then use sanding pad to lightly sand surfaces to be painted.
Remove Drawers and Door Fronts
Remove all drawers and doors to expose frame.
Turn a photograph into a kitchen backsplash with these step-by-step instructions from HGTV.com.