Eggcellent Kitchen Decorations
Learn how to make these clever kitchen decorations out of eggshells.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Marching Eggs Wall Hanging
Materials and Tools:
5 heather hen eggs #38010
Papiers cocoa paper wire #11888
Rice Krispy Shell "burnt" #92212
11" x 14" bamboo/boiserie frame #83663
11" x 14" piece of chicken wire #21110 architectural fiber paper
hot glue gun and glue
yellow acrylic paint
1. Cut ten 3" pieces of the cocoa paper wire.
2. To make legs and feet, cut 1" off each piece and fold the 1" pieces in half.
3. Hot glue the folded pieces to the remaining 2" "leg" pieces, gluing the fold to the end of a "leg" piece (making chicken "feet").
4. Poke holes on either side of bottom of egg with pencil, and hot glue in chicken legs.
5. To make the "beak," poke a hole in the pointed end of the egg with a pencil and hot glue the more rounded end of the Rice Krispy shell into the hole. Paint the "beak" yellow on one chick.
6. Glue chicken wire paper to the boiserie backboard and put into frame.
7. Hot glue the eggs marching across the frame.
Enhance your small kitchen with great decorating ideas. A little goes a long way in a small kitchen, so get inspired by...
Browse options for vintage kitchen decorating ideas, and get ready to reference a bygone era in fun and interesting ways in...
Choose the right kitchen table for your style, then learn how to decorate it so it looks beautiful every day.