Repairing Cracks in a Concrete Floor
How to fix surface cracks with concrete filler
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Is your garage floor decorated with cracks? Here's how to fill them:
Materials and Tools:
concrete crack filler
1. Use an awl and a chisel to remove any large pieces from cracks in the floor.
2. Sweep away fine particles with a wire brush.
3. Use a grease-cutting cleanser to remove any oil or other contaminants around the repair area that might prevent the concrete filler from setting up properly. Sweep up all the debris around the area, being sure not to sweep dust back into the cracks. Finish cleaning by vacuuming out the cracks with a workshop vacuum.
4. Cut the nozzle on the bottle of the concrete filler to the size of the cracks, and slowly fill the cracks. Give the filler a few minutes to settle, and top off areas if necessary.
5. Smooth out any excess with a trowel.
6. Allow the filler to cure overnight. Add more filler if necessary.
A custom bench with side tables serves as a divider for an open-floor-plan living and dining room.