How to Install a Security Camera
Play it safe with these step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Beef up your home security with this project.
Materials and Tools:
security camera kit
1. Drill a hole through the wall where you want to install the intercom.
2. Insert a stiff wire through the hole to act as a feeder wire. Tape the wire for the intercom to the feeder wire and pull it through the wall.
3. Place the mounting bracket for the intercom over the hole and mark the position for drilling holes for anchors. Drill pockets just deep enough for the anchors.
4. Insert plastic anchors into the hole, and secure bracket with screws. Insert foam plug around the wire to fill the hole, and seal off hole with a bit of silicone caulk. Attach the intercom box.
5. Drill a hole through the wall for the camera wire. Position camera mounting bracket over the hole and mark points on the wall for drilling. Make sure the camera is mounted where you'll have a good view of your doorway.
6. Drill holes for anchors, insert anchors and attach the mounting bracket with screws.
7. Drill another hole for the camera feed wire. Run the wire through the wall. Use supplied rubber grommets to seal holes in the wall around the wire.
8. Attach the camera to the bracket, position it and lock it down. Attach the wire to the back of the camera.
9. Inside, run the wire to the monitor for the camera. Use supplied wall clips to run the wire neatly down wall to the monitor.
10. Hook up the camera system and it.
A runner can add a splash of color to any room and make stairs more comfortable to walk on.