How to Install a Motion Detector
Deter burglars and light your own path with these instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Motion-detector lights alert you to any movement in key spots around your home. Here's how to install one:
Materials and Tools:
1. Turn off the power at the main breaker switch.
2. Remove the old light fixture and replace it with the new motion-sensor lights, connecting the white wire to white and the black wire to black with the wire nuts.
3. Tuck all the wires neatly into the socket.
4. Points the bulbs and the sensor in the desired directions.
5. Secure the fixture in place with screws.
6. Place water-shield gaskets on the base of the bulbs before inserting.
7. Make any final adjustments according to the manufacturer's directions.
All you need is three hours and these easy step-by-step instructions.