Easy-to-Make Laundry Basket Liners
Add a personal touch to woven laundry baskets by sewing new liners for them without a sewing machine.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Don't let an outdated basket liner keep you from taking that wicker beauty home. With just a few materials, you can replace the liner with a pattern and fabric that fits your style and home decor to a T.
- seam ripper
- original basket liner
- fabric pen
- cotton twill tape
- needle and thread
1. Use a seam ripper to carefully pull apart the original liner to use as a pattern. Lay the chosen fabric right side down and trace around the pattern pieces. Cut around each section, leaving 1/2 inch all the way around for seam allowances.
2. Pin and stitch the side panels together.
3. Fold over the top edge, and pin and stitch the tie pockets in place.
4. Sew the bottom to the sides.
5. Feed the original tie or cotton twill tape through the tie pocket. Put the liner inside the basket and tie the ends in a bow.
This easy system will get you out of the laundry room and back to your life.
Do dirty clothes just keep piling up? Keep laundry at a minimum by sorting through these eight useful strategies.(8 photos)
Julie Morgenstern, author of Organizing from the Inside Out, shares six easy ways to organize your laundry room and keep it...(7 photos)