Clean Your House in 45 Minutes or Less
Last-minute dinner party? No problem! Get your entire house guest-ready in less than an hour.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Cleaning the Kitchen — 15 Minutes
This room is always the heart of any party. Here, you want to focus on clearing your counters and table for food preparation and nibbles, and making the sink look clean and tidy.
1. Stash any unnecessary tools or appliances. Spray disinfectant on the counters to remove grime.
2. Turn your attention to the sink: Use spray cleaner and get out every particle of food. Wipe down the faucet. "This is one of those high-maintenance areas you really want to come across well," Jhung says.
3. Wipe down the refrigerator handle.
4. Spot clean any food stains on the floor and sweep up any remains of breakfast or lunch that are still lingering. Wipe down your table and any chairs that have sticky fingerprints or food residue.
5. Hang new dishtowels.
6. Empty the trash and take all bags outside to your can. Put in a fresh liner.
7. Lastly, go around your house lowering dimmer switches and lighting candles to add mood and soften the focus on your home (and anything there that's still less-than-clean).
Feel good about your decision to quick clean your house. If you spent all day on it, you might be more tired and resentful of your guests, Jhung says. Turn on some music, pour yourself a glass of wine and get ready to celebrate.
Stacked, packed and bulging, the clothes closet looms. When it takes too long to dress for a special occasion -- or to find...