How to Build a Wooden Skylight Screen
Dress up a plain skylight with ceiling art to create an interesting visual.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Ceiling art is a great way to add dimension and the illusion of added height to a room.
Materials and Tools:
1x2 cedar boards
1. Decide on the scale of the screen you'd like to assemble. Start with the basic outside rectangle frame of the screen.
2. Put on protective eyewear.
3. Cut the cherry boards to the size of the frame. Miter cut the edges.
4. Construct the frame using wood glue and a nail gun.
5. This rectangle will be the starting point for your creative design. Personal preference and creative inspiration will allow you to design your personal screen. We choose to keep things very symmetrical by cutting similar length pieces of cherry and attaching them to the rectangle using screws in an evenly spaced pattern. We even created a smaller scale box that was attached inside the original box using screws and the cherry pieces as braces. Be creative!
6. When you have finished assembling your screen, it is important to apply a protective coat of varnish.
Scenic walls serve many functions, from creating wind shielding and boundaries to accentuating the landscape and retaining...