Making the Outside as Spiffy as the Inside
Jan Tavenner and Margo Francisco are have practically made a hobby out of remodeling their home. After taking care of the inside, they decide to give the exterior an exciting new look.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Jan Tavenner and Margo Francisco are have practically made a hobby out of remodeling their home. After taking care of the inside, they decide to give the exterior an exciting new look. They want the home to look friendly and welcoming and plan to accomplish this by building a new porch, repainting and adding new landscaping.
Tavenner has a garage full of tools she’ll use to help complete the projects planned by designer Laura Grollmus. Grollmus and the homeowners collaborate on a design that will give the house some charm and let Tavenner and Francisco really appreciate their home.
Here’s how they accomplish it:
- Build out a section of porch area for more seating
- Add a new porch railing and corbels for decorative accents
- Install window boxes under the front windows and planter boxes by the garage
- Tear out unwanted bushes, ivy, and the old lawn
- Repaint the house cream with green trim
- New accents: light fixtures for the walkway & porch, a doorbell, house numbers
- Landscaping features: a new lawn, stepping stones, pink camellias, and carpet roses
We asked some big-name chefs to reveal their favorite pieces of pro kitchen gear they use at home.