Weekend Projects: Add Molding to a Flat-Panel Door
Spruce up your home by giving your interior doors a makeover. It takes less than a weekend and costs less than $100 in materials.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Tools and Materials:
primer and paint
paintbrush and roller
nail gun and nails
1. Determine the size and scale of the molding.
2. Miter cut the molding to size. Make sure the ends fit together snugly.
3. Prime and paint the molding and allow it to dry completely.
4. Use wood glue and a nail gun to attach the molding to the door. Start with the top piece. Use a level to make sure it is level before you nail the top piece in place.
5. Once all the pieces have been secured, paint the entire door, not just the new molding. This will hide the small gap between the new molding and the old door, making it look like one continuous piece.
Adding molding stripes to a wall is a cost-effective way to revamp a room. This project took less than a half a day and cost...