How to Install Metal Door Arches
Remake an entrance with these step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Use prefabricated arches to turn a standard doorway into a custom archway with this project.
Materials and Tools:
prefabricated custom metal arches
8-inch length of 2-by-4-inch board
1. Remove the drywall above one side of the doorway all the way to the ceiling.
2. Remove the top of the door frame and any cripple studs below ceiling height.
3. Install a new cripple stud (an 8-inch piece of 2-by-4) at the center of the opening.
4. Fasten both halves of the metal arch to the existing 2-by-4’s on either side of the doorway. Then fasten the arch pieces to the cripple stud to create the apex of the arch.
5. Hold up a piece of drywall on the outside of the arch and trace its outline on the drywall. Cut the drywall to shape. Install the drywall above the arch.
Bring indoor decor to an outside space with these step-by-step instructions.