Sparkling Christmas Suburban Home Makeover
A family gets help with an exterior home makeover and decorating for the Christmas season.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Christie and Rolando Outland and their two children moved into their home eight years ago. It's a tract home with little original style. The garage doors dominate the front of the house, the paint color isn't rich enough and Christie thinks the front door is an eyesore. What they really want for Christmas this year is a dramatic change.
They also want to make it a special Christmas, with lots of thoughtful touches for the family.Their traditions include cutting their own Christmas tree, baking cookies and making a gingerbread house. It's their favorite time of year. In the past, though, the outside of their house has been ignored. One string of lights was all they had last year. This year they're getting a sparkling look featuring gold and silver stars.
Here's how they updated the house:
- Painted the house tan to match stucco and create a cohesive look
- Painted trim, to add richness and depth
- Added new front door to replace dated one
- Replaced panels on garage door to update look
- Added an arbor to draw attention away from garage
- Added new pathway to front door line with flagstone
- Added two posts and walkway to emphasize new entry
- Repaved driveway with flagstone paving material
- Added new lights, address numbers, bench
- Added Plants and flowers to add more color to front yard
- Four giant metallic paper stars decorate the roof and yard.
- Garland made from greens and Banksias flowers above the windows.
- Groupings of topiaries adorned with gold and silver ribbon and star embellishments throughout the yard
- River rocks painted to glitter and glow all year long
- Large grapevine balls filled with lights to illuminate the trees at night
- Dozens of lanterns dressed with silver and gold beads and ribbon will line their pathway, guiding visitors through the winter nights
- Planting pots wrapped in silver and gold paper reminiscent of holiday gifts
- Cornucopias to flank the entryway filled with seasonal greens and festive decorations
- Wreath for the front entry featuring photos of family and loved ones
Heather and Burt Mulford need help getting their bedroom uncluttered and organized.
Joan Steffend and crew join forces to give a deserving a family a holiday house makeover for their first Christmas in a new home.(11 photos)
Recycle your coffee cans by painting holiday figures on them and make a unique holiday necklace for yourself or as a gift.