Retractable Doorway Screen
Home repair expert Henry Harrison helps a guest hang a retractable screen for his front door.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
retractable screen kit
1. Read manufacturer’s instructions carefully before beginning installation.
2. Use a piece of the tracking to mark location on doorjamb.
3. Place retracting unit against doorjamb and see how it fits. If necessary, trim off excess frame using a hacksaw. First clamp unit to workbench and mark cut line using a combination square.
4. Install by pre-drilling holes through inset and inserting mounting screws by hand to avoid cracking plastic frame.
5. Measure width of opening for top and bottom tracks using a folding rule. Cut pieces to size using hacksaw and smooth edges with a file.
6. Mount pieces in the same manner, pre-drilling holes and driving in screws manually.
7. Cut latching trim piece to fit and secure to side of doorway opposite retracting unit.
8. Test your retracting screen and install end caps if all is well.