How to Repair a Garage-Door Roller
Step-by-step instructions for replacing a broken wheel and bracket
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
When the wheels come off, don’t panic. Just follow these instructions for getting a broken garage-door roller rolling again.
Materials and Tools:
scrap 2-by-4-inch board
1. Place 2-by-4 bracing under the open garage door for support.
2. Remove the old nuts holding the broken hardware. Spray some penetrating oil to help loosen rusty, stubborn bolts. Be sure to wear eye protection.
3. Remove the old bracket, metal strip and hardware.
4. Test-fit the new bracket to see if you can use any of the existing bolts. If necessary, drill new holes for bolts. Drill through the door.
5. Hammer bolts in from exterior side of door.
6. Position wheel into new bracket and position bracket so the wheel is cradled in the track.
All you need is three hours and these easy step-by-step instructions.