Designer Christopher Ralston punches up the look of a house with a larger porch with new columns and iron railings, new stone walkway and colorful landscaping.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
The Christian family recently moved into their home, and while they love the interior of the house and the neighborhood, they feel their home is lacking curb appeal. With its dull color and mostly dirt landscape, the Christians feel their home is uninviting. To solve their dilemma they have decided to transform by adding some Southern hospitality.
Designer Christopher Ralston came up with a solution that included a larger porch with new columns and iron railings, new stone walkway and colorful landscaping.
- Enlarge the front porch
- Rip out and replace iron railings on porch
- Add columns on front porch
- New paint color on the house
- Trim trees back from front of house
- New stone for concrete walkway
- Repaint railings on front stairs
- New front door
- New decorative elements
- Remove and replant landscaping
Trash-to-treasure expert Robb Whittlef shows host Joan Steffend how to turn old porch posts into home accessories.