Update the outside of your home with simple landscaping. Try more half-day projects with host Steve Watson from Don't Sweat It!
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
chipped marble gravel
tree or shrub
garden hose or pressure washer
1. Dig up the old border brick.
2. Wash bricks with hose or pressure washer.
4. Relay brick border more securely and evenly into the ground (figure B).
5. Dig a hole for shrub or tree, as deep as the root ball and twice as wide to allow for the potting soil.
6. Set shrub or tree in ground and surround with potting soil.
A homeowner gets help in updating her home with some retro touches inspired by 1950s style.