Kitchen Makeover, Pt. 2: Cabinet Door Inserts
Steve Watson and the Don't Sweat It crew take on a kitchen remodel for a busy family of three. The second project in this kitchen remodel: cabinet-door inserts.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Steve Watson and his crew help the Nunez family continue their kitchen makeover with the installation of cabinet door inserts. Below is a summary of steps, as well as a list of tools and materials used, as seen in this Don't Sweat It project.
Materials and tools:
4'x8' lexan (2 sheets)
Safety Alert: Always wear eye protection and follow proper safety precautions when using power tools or pneumatic tools.
1. Remove all cabinet doors and leave the hinges in place. Label each door and cabinet with a piece of tape with a number to keep your layout for when you reattach the doors.
2. Using the router table, cut out the frame holding in the center panel. Remove the old panel and discard.
4. Reinstall the cabinet doors on the original hardware.
5. To finish the room, change out the drawer/cabinet hardware with modern hardware.
6. Prime and paint the room.
With these easy, step-by-step instructions, anyone can quickly and inexpensively transform builder-grade cabinet doors into...