How to Install a Pool Waterfall
Give your swimming pool a touch of nature with a self-contained waterfall kit.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
self-contained waterfall kit
30-linear feet EMT (electrical metallic tubing) plastic conduit
four EMT (electrical metallic tubing) elbows
two wet location boxes
wet location switch and a wet location GFI outlet
50' electrical snake
cordless drill with screwdriver attachment
1. Carefully unpack the waterfall kit. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper assembly.
2. Carefully dig out the area to accommodate the waterfall structure.
3. Once assembled, carefully set the waterfall in place and align in proper position. Make certain that the waterfall is set so the suction tube can reach into the pool and remove water, and the waterfall actually falls back into the pool.
4. Follow the manufacturer's instructions to connect the pipes to the pump.
5. Run power to the motorized pump. If there's already power in the planting bed, run the power to the pump from the existing outlet.
6. With the waterfall installed. All that's left to do is to landscape, making the waterfall and surrounding area look attractive and natural.
7. Consider planting some colorful shrubs or flowers around the waterfall to hide the electrical and mechanical connections.
Transform your porch by installing a complementary railing in just seven simple steps.