How to Replace a Closet-Door Track
Step-by-step instructions for fixing a door with new hardware.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
If your bi-fold closet door has jumped its track, here's how to get it running smoothly again.
Materials and Tools:
1 bi-fold track kit
polyurethane glue (optional)
1. Remove door.
2. Pull old rollers and pivots out of door with pliers.
3. Remove old door track with drill.
4. Cut new door track to length, if necessary.
5. Install new door track, centered on the doorjamb, by screwing into the doorjamb with screws provided in the kit.
6. Snap the new rollers and pivots into the door. If the old hardware has worn out the hole, insert a dowel that's a little bigger than the old hole. Glue it in place and let dry. Drill a new hole to fit the new rollers and pivots.
7. Insert the door into tracks and adjust as necessary.
Step-by-step instructions for replacing a broken wheel and bracket