How to Build Kirei Board Bookcases
Eco-friendly boards add a beautiful but inexpensive touch to built-in plywood shelves.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Manufactured from reclaimed sorghum straw, Kirei Board panels are inexpensive and add dimension and style to this bookcase project. The shelves are made from painted plywood and trimmed in solid cherry wood for a high-end look.
Materials and Tools:
sheets of birch plywood
1. Measure the space where you wish to place the shelves.
2. Put on protective eyewear.
3. Cut the sheets of plywood in half to create manageable sizes.
4. Cut the sheets down to create the width of the shelves.
5. Line the inside edges of the shelves with glue.
6. Attach the shelves to the sides of the bookcase using a nail gun. Fix nails through the sides of the bookcase for highest stability.
7. After the shelves are in place, finish the frame by attaching the top and bottom pieces of the shelf using wood glue and a nail gun.
8. Attach the back of the bookcase using glue and a nail gun. Make sure the back of the bookcase matches the measurements of the bookcase. Fix nails to the edges of the frame and on the back of shelves.
9. Paint the shelves to match the design in your room.
Step-by-step instructions for crafting this multifunctional unit.