Home Theater Platform Seating
A raised-seating platform wrapped in plush fabric help turn a TV room into swanky home theater.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Tools and Materials:
2x12s nailed together to form an 4’ x 8’ frame
3/4” sheet of plywood - cut to size of desired platform
1. Cut the 2x12s down to create the frame for the platform.
2. Nail the plywood to the top of the platform.
3. If your platform does not sit level because your floor is uneven, use bolts to raise one side of the platform. Drill holes in the bottom of the platform where the extra height is need and insert nuts.
4. Insert bolts into nuts and adjust bolts until the platform sits level on floor.
5. Staple upholstery fabric to the top of platform.
Fabric wall panels enhance the acoustics and the aesthetics in a movie room.
Carter Oosterhouse adds elegance to a master bedroom by building maple wall panels and then hanging glass vases within the panels.
Carter Oosterhouse combines wavy-patterned acrylic panels with earth-friendly bamboo to create an exotic display shelf.