Getting Ready for a Move
A futuristic theme takes this makeover out of this world.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
After getting married 30 years ago, homeowners Cathy and Jack Clifford moved into a two story boxy home that's stuck in the '70s. They're finally moving out and want to bid adieu to their home in style. Daniel Ownes, the designer, wants to thaw out this frozen-in-time house by sprucing up the outside, fixing the rickety stairs and transforming this forgotten landscape into an out-of-this-world treasure.
Here's how they accomplish it:
- restain the redwood siding with a dark brown stain
- replace the balcony railing to make room for a larger balcony
- rebuild the stairs and add new wrought iron balusters
- change out the double front doors with glass paneled doors to add more light
- add two transoms over the front doors for more light in the entry
- new landscaping with a crop circles look
- add a light fixture to entry and replace old ones
- new house numbers, mailbox, doorbell
Tips for preparing your lawn and garden for the cold weather ahead.
The Designed to Sell team transforms a mismatched living room with bad furniture placement and a cluttered office basement into...(5 photos)
Neutral wall colors and coordinating furniture are sure to help this couple receive top dollar for their split-level home.(7 photos)