A Water Feature from Galvanized Sheet Metal
A wall of water is constructed to give a patio privacy and ambiance.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
drill and hex bits
galvanized steel sheets
treated pine boards
1. Build the frame using treated pine wood.
2. Attach metal sheet to frame using hex bits.
3. Use a metal grinder to cut off excess metal.
4. Attach another metal sheet to the frame in front of the first sheet. The first sheet will act as the backdrop while the front sheet will be what the water actually runs down.
5. Solder the copper pipes together at a 45-degree angle so that one pipe runs up the side of the frame and the other runs across the top of the frame forming an L shape.
6. Drill holes into the horizontal copper pipe at the top so that water will pour out of it.
7. Attach water hose to the copper pipe.
Tips for preparing bubbling urns, potted water gardens and other containerized water features for winter.
A beautiful water feature has a calming effect on the psyche, but there's nothing more frustrating than when it springs a leak....
Michael Luckerman would like to surprise his wife, Katie, with a backyard makeover. He calls upon host Susie Coelho, designer...(4 photos)