Fresh New Exterior
These homeowners loved the inside of their home, but the outside wasn't held with the same affection.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Kelly and Peter Coulombe enjoy spending time inside their 1930’s Mediterranean style house, but don’t feel the same about the outside. They want to freshen the exterior with a new look and make it as warm and welcoming as their interior. They’ll focus on thinning out the overgrown yard to bring the house out into the open and add some color with paint accents and plants.
Kelly and Peter consult designer Pat Wagner to help liven up their home. Pat’s design tackles the necessary repairs while bringing in some color and a newfound glow.
Here’s how they accomplish it:
- Lay slate tiles over the front walkway
- Remove the crowded bushes and greenery
- A new awning to cover the front entry
- The front door gets repainted cranberry-red with black trim
- New window boxes, house numbers, and colorful mosaic pots for the garden
- Plantings: topiaries, and shade plants like rhododendrons and camellias, and birch trees
- New flagstone path connecting the driveway to the door
Steve Watson and crew work their magic by transforming a little used office into a mudroom.