Fresh Look for a Family Home
A home that has been in the family for decades gets a unique makeover perfect for a new generation. The once sparse front yard gets transformed with a variety of colorful plantings and a putting green.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Homeowners Karin and John Foust, along with toddler Ethan, are undertaking the remodel of the home that’s been in Karin’s family for 40 years. They want to bring a fresh look to it, and as avid golfers they’re excited about installing a putting green in the front yard. Landscape designer Cathy Riordan steps in to lend her expertise and focuses on bringing balance to the putting green with lots of plantings and color to soften the yard.
Here’s how they accomplish it:
- Remove the lawn
- Install a putting green, custom crafted for the Fousts' yard
- Apply fascia board along the roofline to extend the lines of the house and bring more eye-catching definition
- Stain the brickwork a mauve tone to match the stonework and driveway
- New shrubs and topiaries layered among the putting green
- A new stone patio with seating area
- Gate and fence on the side of the house to hide the family’s boat behind it
- Homeowner-crafted custom stained glass window for the front door
- Custom made enclosure to hide the trash cans
- Decorative touches: a new golf mailbox, golf bag, and golfbag doorbell
The Lyons-Fisher family gets help organizing their cluttered master bedroom and adjoining office.
The designers work with Susie Coelho to lighten up the couple's living room for spring while still keeping it refined and simple.(6 photos)
When hiring someone to remodel your home, you are buying a service and not a product. Here are some things you'll want to...