How to Build Floating Shelves with Accent Timber
A recessed niche is dressed up with exotic-style wood shelves.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
veneer accent plywood
1. Measure your space using a tape measure.
2. Cut veneer accent plywood down into six-inch strips to make the wood more manageable.
3. Trace out the top to the shelf on the birch plywood.
4. Using a worm drive saw, cut the shelves out of the birch plywood.
6. Stain the birch plywood to match the accent wood.
7. Install 1x4s around the closet where the shelves are to be installed. Vertically space the brackets one inch apart for proper shelf space.
8. Using a nail gun, attach the shelves to the brackets.
Carter Oosterhouse uses extra wall space to add more storage to an entertainment center.
Add architectural style and extra recessed lighting with this striking shelf.
Wood shelves turn an awkward angle into an architectural feature.