Fix a Broken Pull-Chain
If you pull the chain on a light fixture and nothing happens, it's probably time to change the pull-chain switch.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
phillips- and flat-head screwdrivers
1. Turn off the power at the circuit-breaker box.
2. Remove the fixture from the ceiling.
3. Remove the wire nuts and pull the wires apart.
4. Loosen the knurl holding the switch in place, and pull out the switch.
5. Remove the knurl on the new switch and thread it through the hole in the fixture. Then tighten the knurl to hold the switch in place.
6. Reattach the wires using wire nuts.
7. Reinstall the fixture.
This family room addition is in need of a new layout and a touch of color to give it the traditional style these homeowners are...