Dressing Up Closet Doors
Designer Richard Anderson shares tips on how to enhance your closet doors.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Interior designer Richard Anderson offers tips on enhancing closet doors.
- If you have a mirrored closet door, fool the eye by making a faux French door. Measure the mirrored area, then go to a hardware store to have window grids cut for you. Simply attach the grid over the mirror (figure A).
Interchangeable Door Panels
Materials and Tools:
decorative fabric or wrapping paper
- Measure your closet door. You can make your panel in any shape or size, but be sure to measure the decorative inlays as well as entire door. Another option is to cut it in a wild wavy shape.
- Use foam core, which is available at most hardware or art stores and cut out the shape you desire. Try using initials for a fun effect.
- Cover the foam core with decorative fabric or wrapping paper.
- Attach hook-and-loop tape to the closet door and to the back of the foam core. This type of door covering works great for a home office, sewing room or child's room, and it was done without making a single hole.
Whether you are upgrading an existing door or building a new doorway, changing the exterior door will give your home a whole...
So little space, so much style. Use the square footage you have to reflect what you like and how you live.(15 photos)