Decorate Your Bedroom With Wood Panels
Carter Oosterhouse adds elegance to a master bedroom by building maple wall panels and then hanging glass vases within the panels.
- More from Carter Can
Filed under: Room Design, Art, Wood, Master Bedrooms, Wall, Materials and Supplies, How To, Bedrooms
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
prefinished 1/4-inch maple
pneumatic nail gun
1. Cut down a panel of the prefinished 1/4-inch maple with the table saw.
2. Using the chop saw, cut four strips of walnut trim with ends mitered at a 45-degree angle to fit around the panel. The strips should have a precut rabbet groove, if they don't, run them through a table saw to form the grooves.
3. Frame the strips of walnut trim together to form a rectangle that will surround the panel. Spray adhesive activator along the cut edges and stick them together so they adhere without the use of nails.
4. Place the panel inside the rabbet grooves and nail the walnut frame securely into place. Be sure to nail at an angle to secure the panel and frame together.
5. Attach the panel to the desired location on the wall using nails. Be sure everything is straight and level.
6. Spruce up the panels with sconces, art or vases of flowers.
Create awe-inspiring, architectural wood wall art using plywood and paint.
Embellish a bamboo placemat with decorative papers, a tree branch, beads, tassels and other mediums to create a unique wall...
No centerpiece necessary; add seasonal color to your Thanksgiving table with these fall leaf streamers. They're a snap to make...Advertisement
HGTV Inspiration Newsletter