How to Create Ceiling Circles
Wooden medallions are used to conceal an uneven ceiling and add a modern touch to a traditional home.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
two saw horses
1. To create your work table, use screws to mount your router to a piece of scrap plywood.
3. The router blade needs to protrude through the plywood.
4. Determine the size of the circles you want to create and measure the diameter on your scrap plywood. This is the distance from the blade of your router that determines the size of the circle.
5. Cut out squares of plywood large enough to contain the size of your circle.
6. Mark the center of the square with an X. Drill a hole in the center of the X then screw the square onto the pre-measured spot on your scrap plywood. Do not fasten too tightly because the square needs to spin.
7. Turn on the router and push through the square.
9. Stain your circles with a brush and a rag, wiping with the grain. Allow to dry.
10. Create grid on ceiling to determine the placement of your circular medallions.