How to Construct a Built-in Closet
Make the most of limited space with these step-by-step instructions.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
drywall screw gun
1. Measure out the space where you want your new closet to be.
2. Wearing protective eyewear, set down a footprint on the floor using 2-by-4’s.
3. Build the frame of the closet using 2-by-4’s and a nail gun.
4. Using a nail gun, stand the walls of the closet on the footprint and fix in place.
5. Attach sheets of drywall to the new frame with drywall screws.
6. Spackle and prime the new walls to get ready for painting.
7. Paint the new closet to match the rest of the space.
8. Adhere molding to the outside of the closet to suit the design of the room.
9. Fasten in the necessary components for the doors.
10. Attach the doors to the closet.
Fill an alcove with a custom cabinet with these step-by-step instructions.
Save space by tearing out a closet and constructing a built-in shelving unit.
Step-by-step instructions for creating an updated look