Build a Simple Bar Shelf For Extra Seating
A bar is built to wrap around the wall in a dining room.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Tools and Materials:
one sheet of 3/4” birch wood
white semi-gloss paint
nail gun and nails
drill and 4” screws
one sheet of bendable plywood
1. Drill together 2x4s to create two cleats for bar (we made two because our bar wrapped around a cornerl).
2. Using the stud finder, locate the studs on the wall. Determine the height you would like the bar to be.
3. Using 4” screws, mount assembled pieces as cleats into the studs in the wall at the appropriate height.
4. Cut two pieces of birch to the length/width of each cleat, creating the top and bottom pieces of the bar.
5. Attach the top and bottom bar surface to the 2x4 cleats. Our bar wrapped around a corner, so we rounded the corner of the bar in order not to have a sharp edge.
6. Face the front of the bar with a thin strip of bendable plywood attaching it with wood glue and nails. If you have a rounded corner, you may have to use clamps to hold the plywood in place until you can nail it on.
Update an old bar, hutch or kitchen cabinet with a new teak countertop.
Update an eclectic mix of chairs by painting them a single color and recovering the seats to create a unified look.
This cabinet accomplishes two tasks at once -- storing wine and serving as a buffet table. Learn how to make one using a...