Basic to Beautiful Rancher
This couple, along with the new addition to the family, wanted a new look to their home.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Homeowners Chris and Stacy Corsiglia have just had their first baby. For this couple, along with the new addition to the family, they want a new look to their home. Designer Yvonne Lane wants to replace the whole thing right down to the garage door. Landscape designer Michael Loftic will use his creative touch to add some life to this cold abode.
Here's how they accomplish it:
- remove big Holly Tree so you can see the front door
- build a larger front patio to bring attention to the house
- cover patio in flagstone
- paint house a warm welcoming color
- lay a new cobblestone pathway
- manufactured stone for the front of the house and chimney
- add a cozier garage door and front door
- new landscaping with Japanese silvergrass
- new arbors and gates
- add pavers to driveway
Columnist Kathy McCleary talks to design experts to find out how to makeover her home exterior and landscaping without spending...