Make a Bamboo-Covered Bench
A basic bench is covered with bamboo flooring for a rich and exotic look.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
one box of bamboo flooring
construction adhesive and wood glue
one sheet medium-density fiberboard (MDF)
- cut one top piece
- cut two sides the length of the bench
- cut two sides the width of the bench
one sheet MDF for the legs
two 1x4 pine boards
table saw and miter saw
trowel, screw gun and nail gun
1. Assemble the top of the bench by gluing and screwing the MDF pieces together to form a hollow box.
2. Cut two pieces of the 1x4 pine to the length of bench. Attach them to the underside of the box for support. Cut smaller pieces to sandwich in between the boards and hold the legs in place.
3. To create the legs, cut down four strips MDF and nail them together into a square leg. Repeat to build five legs.
Give an old bench a new lease on life by stripping then refinishing the legs and freshening up the upholstery with new foam and...