A Taste of Italy
A standard 1950s tract home is transformed into an Italian Villa with dramatic landscaping.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Kimberly and Patrick Barr have a space with lots of potential that they want to use for relaxing and entertaining with their young family. Designer Kimberly Rosenberg has a penchant for turning average houses into Mediterranean show places. Her ideas include transforming the weedy lawn with natural landscaping, and using earthtones and Old World charm to create rustic character and make the house more inviting.
Here's how they accomplish it:
- Remove the old lawn and concrete
- New walkway through the yard that leads to a new patio
- The whole house gets new color with a terra cotta limewash
- Create a courtyard area to open up the entry space
- Terra cotta pots to accent the Mediterranean theme
- Install a copper fountain near the entry
- New light fixtures
- Handmade mosaic pavers go down in the garden
- Lots of new plants & grasses bring texture and color to the design
Increase the livability of your outdoor space with the elements of fire, water and earth.