How to Make Stitched Holiday Cards
Follow these instructions by Mary Ayres to make these whimsical and creative holiday cards to give to your family and friends.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Stitched Tree Card and Envelope
Materials and Tools:
white and yellow/gold card stock
printed or textured light green paper
white envelope to fit a 5" x 7" card
sheer green ribbon
silver star paper fastener
5 K&Company button brads or buttons
2 round 1/8" antiqued eyelets
red sewing thread
Beacon's ZipDry paper glue
Autumn Leaves' Savannah size 24 and 36 computer font
1/16" and 1/8" circle punches
sewing machine with embroidery stitches
bright green inkpad
1. Cut a 10" x 7" rectangle from white card stock. Score a line down center of rectangle and fold in half to make a 5" x 7" card.
2. Antique the edge of the card with green ink, using a small piece of dry sponge.
3. Cut tree shape from green paper using the PDF pattern.
4. Antique edge of tree with green ink. Glue tree to card (bottom of tree should be even with bottom edge of card).
5. Sew a machine straight stitch around the tree 1/8 inch from edge. Sew a machine embroidery stitch 1/4 inch from edge of card.
6. Punch a 1/16-inch hole in top of tree and attach star paper fastener.
7. Punch 1/8-inch holes in tree at dots marked on pattern and attach button brads.
8. To make tag, print "Merry Christmas" on yellow/gold card stock. Cut a rectangle around words, leaving 3/8 inch of space on left side, and antique edge with green ink. Punch a 1/8-inch hole in left side of tag and attach eyelet. Insert ribbon through eyelet and make a knot. Trim ribbon ends even. Glue tag angled across bottom of tree.
9. To make the envelope: Antique edge of envelope with green ink.
10. Make the tag the same as step 5 above and glue to top left corner of envelope.
Paige Hill embellishes a holiday fold-out card with a silk poinsettia, a gold heart charm and more.
A pinecone adds texture and a sophisticated natural touch to this charming handmade holiday card.
Forget storebought holiday greetings. Show friends and family that you really care with a handmade card featuring a favorite...