Sophisticated Thanksgiving Invitation
Set a formal tone for your celebration with this elegant example of stationery.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
Anna Griffin AG048 leaves decorative paper
2 coordinating colors of card stock
1-1/2" x 12" rust wire-edge ribbon
1/4" hole punch
computer with printer
1. To make the pocket: Cut a 4-1/2" x 6-1/2" rectangle from the leaves paper.
2. Place a 3-inch square piece of vellum on the back of the sheet where you want the pocket to be located.
3. Starting at the top right, use the needle to pierce the paper and the vellum repeatedly. This is the sewing guide for the pocket.
4. Flip the vellum over and place on the front of the decorative paper (lining up the holes you just made) and stitch by hand with rust thread.
5. Pull the ends of the threads to the back of the paper. Tie off the threads and trim.
6. To make the announcement card: On the computer, make a rectangle (text box) 2-5/8" x 3-3/4". Print the announcement on ivory card stock. Cut out.
7. Cut a 5-1/4" x 7-1/4" rectangle from card stock. Cut a 5" x 7" paper rectangle from another color of card stock.
8. On the rectangle with the pocket, measure down 1/4 inch from the top. Find the horizontal center and mark it. Measure 3/16 inch to the left and right of the center and mark with dots. These dots are the guides for the punched holes.
9. Layer the three rectangles; using a hole punch, punch two holes over the marked dots.
10. Working from front to back, thread both ends of the wired ribbon through the holes. Cross the ribbon in the back and thread both ends of the ribbon through the opposite holes. Pull the ribbon tightly so that there is no slack left on the back. Trim the ends of the ribbon.
Project by Anna Griffin, www.annagriffin.com