How to Make a Luxe Velvet Gift Bag
This elegant gift bag just begs for an equally luxurious gift to be tucked inside. What a great way to present champagne, a cashmere scarf or a big box of gourmet chocolates. Follow these steps by Mary Lynn Maloney to make your own.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1 yard crushed red velvet
BagWorks white feather boa trim
1/2 yard lime green cord
Wright's swirly holiday ribbon trim
narrow maroon trim
Beacon Adhesives' Fabri-Tac glue
1. Print, enlarge and cut out bag template provided in the PDF Template file below the image, above right. Fold velvet in half with right sides together. Pin bag template to velvet and cut out.
2. Baste along top raw edge (1/4-inch seam) of each bag piece. Fold basted edge over and stitch (3/8-inch seam) down.
3. Pin bag pieces right sides together. Stitch together sides and bottom of bag. Turn bag right side out.
4. Cut holiday trim to fit along center front of bag. To stop holiday trim from fraying, glue the narrow maroon trim all around bottom edge of ribbon trim and let dry.
5. Place sheet of parchment paper inside bag. Use small dabs of glue to adhere holiday trim down center front of bag.
6. Cut lime green cord to desired handle length. Sew ends of cord to left and right sides of bag by hand.
7. Glue white boa fringe trim around top edge of bag.