Holiday Place Cards
Need more crafty holiday inspiration? Back to Christmas Crafts Countdown
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
patterned card stock or heavy-weight paper
red card stock or heavy weight paper
green card stock or heavy weight paper
small envelope (such as a florist's envelope) to be used as a stencil
1/2-inch ribbon, in colors to coordinate with patterned paper
colored pens for adding holiday message
decorative holiday stickers
rectangle hole punch
1. Open a small envelope, such as a florist's envelope, to create a stencil. Trace this stencil onto the back of the patterned paper.
2. Cut out along the traced lines with pinking shears, to create a decorative edge.
Once again referencing the florist's envelope as a pattern, fold patterned paper envelope on crease lines and glue together with glue dots.
Feed ribbon through punched hole and knot off at top, leaving enough ribbon to create a hanger which could be used for hanging completed card on Christmas tree or back of guests' chair.
4. From the solid colored paper, cut a card to fit inside envelope. In a contrasting color, cut a second smaller rectangle; center and attach smaller card to larger card with glue dots.
5. Embellish card by adding a holiday-themed sticker to one side. Add recipient's name and a warm, personal note to each card.
6. Tie 1/4-inch ribbon around middle of envelope, tie bow a bit off center. Secure ribbon in place with a few glue dots.
7. Hang place card on the back of each guest's chair or set one card at each place setting. For a fun touch, surround each place card with holiday greenery or brightly wrapped chocolates.
Make your own personalized place cards by following these steps.