How to Make a Holiday Elf Music Box
Diane Troutman creates a holiday elf music box.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
sculpted elf head on dowel
wood block with hole drilled for dowel
box cutter knife
assorted fabrics for box and elf collar
rotary cutter, ruler, cutting mat
wind up musical movement
needle, thread and scissors
small link gold chain
3. Make a box and lid from corrugated cardboard. Cut a square for the inside of the lid from thin cardboard.
5. Cut out fabric for all of the pieces of cardboard. Iron the raw edges under for fabric on box.
6. Hot glue the fabric onto all pieces of the box and lid.
7. Glue two sides of the box to the front of the box.
8. Glue the wood block with the elf to the front of the box.
11. Glue the last side of the box and glue the elf's collar to the four corners of the box (figure F).
12. Glue the sides to the top to form the lid. Glue a covered square and a strip of fabric to the inside of the lid, add loop of trim and chain (figure G).
13. Glue trim around all of the edges of the box and lid.
Store notes, miniatures, mementos or trinkets in your matchbox keepsake box.