Handmade Holiday Cards
Make handmade cards this year to hold your warm holiday greetings.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Christmas Tree Handmade Card
Materials and Tools:
dark green card stock
medium green card stock
light green card stock
ornament stickers or other embellishments
7" thin coordinating ribbon
small hole punch
glue tape, glue stick or white glue
1. Draw a Christmas tree shape approximately five inches tall on dark green card stock. Cut it out.
2. Use this Christmas tree cutout as a pattern to create a second Christmas tree approximately 1/4-inch smaller. Trace Christmas tree onto lightest green card stock and cut out, making sure to cut 1/4-inches inside traced lines to create a smaller tree shape.
3. Next, trace the lightest green tree cutout onto the medium green card stock. Again, when cutting out make sure to cut approximately 1/4-inch inside traced lines to create a third Christmas tree shape which is smaller than the two previous cutouts.
4. Center and glue the smallest green tree onto the medium green tree, then glue the medium green tree onto the darkest (and largest) tree shape. Note: If you want to add your holiday greeting to the bottom tree and allow your card's recipient to lift the layers to read it, then only add glue to the tops of the tree cutouts, leaving the rest of the tree shapes unattached. Alternately, you can glue all three layers down and add your greeting to the back of the card.
5. Punch a hole in the top of the card, make sure that it is large enough to feed ribbon through.
6. Feed ribbon through card from the back to the front then tie a decorative bow.
7. Now for the fun part — decoration. Embellish your Christmas tree card with ornament stickers or any other decoration of your choosing.
8. Finally, write a warm holiday message either on the back of the card or inside on the largest tree, where the card's recipient can lift the top two layers to enjoy it.
Surprise friends and family with this cute, easy-to-create handmade holiday card. Trendy patterns and traditional Christmas...