How to Weave a Holiday Table Runner
Christopher Granger weaves a holiday table runner.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1. Lay the table runner out on a work surface in a well-ventilated area.
2. Poor a small amount of gel bleach into a tray. Set up two buckets with water for rinsing. In one bucket place one cup of white vinegar (for about a two gallon bucket); the other bucket should be clean water.
3. Paint the stamp with gel bleach with a disposable sponge brush until the surface is damp with bleach but not dripping wet.
4. Press stamp at desired location on the table runner. Only press for a few seconds without shifting, then remove stamp (figure H). Repeat as often as you want.
5. Immediately take the runner to the water/vinegar solution. Do not rub the bleached areas against one another or other areas of the runner. Plunge the runner into the bucket and keep swirling and moving for 90 seconds.
6. Take it out of the water/vinegar solution and plunge it into the clean water bucket and swirl for two minutes. Empty the bucket and repeat with clean clear water two more times.
7. Note: Do Not Wring the runner. Roll it between towels to remove excess water and lay it flat to dry. Iron for flatness.
8. Embellish table runner with acrylic paints (figure I).