How to Make a Glittery Snowflake Twig Wreath
If you want to make unique decorations for the holidays, try this glittery snowflake twig wreath. Follow the instructions by Colleen A. McGinty to learn how to make it.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
8" round grapevine wreath
three 14" sticks, about 1/4"-1/2" thick
12 sticks about 4" long and 1/4"-1/2" thick
assorted white and clear beads
large white and clear sequins
white craft wire
white spray paint
silver or gold spray glitter
clear snow-type large flake glitter
pruning shears or small craft saw
1. Gather sticks that match the size scale and texture of wreath. Cut the sticks to size and lay them out under the wreath to form a snowflake. Check the size and trim accordingly.
2. Hot glue the sticks to the wreath in a snowflake pattern as shown or make your own design. Let dry.
3. Spray paint the wreath white and let dry.
4. Spray small areas of spray adhesive on the wreath, shake on the snow glitter to cover the sticky areas until the whole wreath has been covered, and let dry.
5. Add beads to the wreath with your bead selections and sequins using the white craft wire. Cut the wire lengths long enough to wrap securely around the wreath pieces. Bead the wreath with the beads and sequins over the clear snow glitter.
Tip: If the wire is slipping, you can tack it with a small drop of hot glue on the backside of the wreath, too.
6. For extra sparkle, you can add more sequins with a small dot of hot glue, as desired.
7. Lightly spray the wreath with spray glitter.
You have created a one of a kind snowflake wreath to last throughout the winter as well as the holiday season. And no two are exactly alike.
Bring a touch of whimsy to your Halloween decor with this fun feather wreath. Add ribbon or a colorful feather embellishment to...