How to Make a Fleece Santa Scarf
Create a cozy fleece scarf in the shape of Santa Claus. Follow these steps by Ana A. Araujo.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
felt squares: flesh, pink
two black buttons
1. Cut a 13" x 60" piece of red fleece.
2. Cut a 8" x 7" piece of white fleece. From this piece, cut a 6-1/2" x 2-3/4" strip for the cuff on Santa's hat, plus two eyebrows and one mustache.
3. Cut two 6-1/2" x 6" piece of white fleece.
4. Cut a 6-1/2" x 5" piece of flesh felt for the face and one 1-1/2" circle for the nose.
5. Cut three pieces of pink felt in 1-1/2-inch circles.
6. Iron fusible adhesive to the back of these pieces.
7. To assemble: Fold the red fleece in half and pin. Taper one end to a V to be the tip of Santa's hat. (figure A).
8. Topstitch the open end or use 5/8-inch fusible adhesive. At the other end, fuse the piece of flesh felt to one side. Note: When fusing the adhesive to the fleece cover the fleece with a paper towel or cotton fabric. This will prevent the iron from melting the fleece.
10. Fuse the white fleece strip overlapping 1 inch of the top of the flesh felt.
12. Glue on buttons for eyes.
13. To make the nose, baste the flesh felt circle with a needle and thread, put a small amount of stuffing in the center, pull the base thread to gather around the stuffing (figure D), and tie off.
15. With pinking sheers, cut 1/2-inch strips on the white fleece squares (this will be the beard as well as the fringe on the scarf) (figure F).
16. Make a large pompom out of the white yarn: Lay a 10-inch piece of embroidery floss over a 3" x 4" piece of cardboard. Wrap yarn around the cardboard (figure G).
Follow these steps from Linda Hess to make your own santa ornament.